The role of woks is to cook Southeast Asian cuisine, such as Thai and Chinese food. They do specialize in stir-fries though, then you can use them for boiling, frying, steaming, braising, and making stews and soups. They are versatile kitchen utensils made from a variety of materials. You have woks made of stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel, and aluminum. There is also an electric wok. You don’t need a stove to cook in such a wok. Just plug it into a power source and the wok itself will act as a heating element.
The advantages of using a wok that uses electricity are several. Aside from cooking delicious food, they have some advantages over other woks. Let’s highlight some of them:
1) Storage: Electric powered woks are very compact and suitable for storing at home. They are designed in such a way that you can simply place them in your cabinet. You can even easily stack them in the corner of your kitchen. They also look good unlike heavy iron woks that have to be hidden somewhere. Therefore, you can use them even at the dining table with friends and the food is cooked there. Apart from a good conversation, you could also share a delicious aroma that comes from the wok.
2) Portable – Since these woks are powered by electricity, it is very easy to use them wherever you have an outlet. You can take it with you when you go camping or other trips. All it needs to function is a source of electricity. So even if you go to a place where you can’t have a stove to work or fuel, you can still cook food in your wok that uses electricity.
3) Cooking: A wok makes delicious food, especially stir-fries and noodles, fried rice with vegetables, spaghetti, ground turkey, French fries, and gravy. Since it runs on electricity, cooking becomes even more convenient. In this wok, you can cook tortillas, hash browns, and casseroles among others. In fact, anything you can cook in your skillet can still fit in a wok.
4) Easy cleaning: Electric woks are very easy to clean and maintain. Since they are mostly made of non-stick material, you don’t even have to scrub too much as the food doesn’t stick to the sides.
5) No Stove Needed – The biggest advantage of an electric wok is that you don’t need any fuel or heating element to cook food. Electricity is all you need. Therefore, it is very convenient to cook in the summers when the temperatures are extremely high to be in the kitchen and cook for hours.
6) Savings: to cook a meal, it is not necessary to work on two or three burners at the same time, as it costs a lot. A wok that runs on electricity is a cheaper option. It is a one-time investment and this wok stays with you for a long time. If you plan to buy a wok, I would definitely recommend that you do it with an electric wok. It is necessary for all kitchens.