Austin and the surrounding areas are full of places to explore. From hiking the many trails of the Green Belt to enjoying delicious food and drinks at various scenic locations, you can find plenty of ideas to keep you and your friends busy. If you and your friend are foodies, the picture only gets more optimistic. Here’s a list of fun things to do in Austin, Texas with your food-loving friends.
- Start and end your day with tacos.
- Austin is known for many things, including breakfast tacos. A wonderful way to start your day is to check out some of the many delicious food trucks throughout the city. The Vera Cruz taco truck has been rated one of the best breakfast tacos in the entire city!
- Even when you’re not in a food truck, there are plenty of delicious restaurants that serve up tacos to devour. Torchy’s is a taco restaurant that has expanded throughout the city and beyond. Known for a more gourmet and creative taco in the typical street taco, these restaurants continue to gain popularity and as a result, many customers start and end their day with tacos.
- Texas Wineries
- Nearby are many Texas wineries that create delicious wines and offer tours, scenic tasting venues, and many wine tasting events. You can spend all your time just hopping from cellar to cellar. Austin Winery and Austin Custom Winery are some places to visit.
- If you want to stay in the city center, there are numerous wine tasting places happy to serve the surrounding wines as well. The Texas Reds and Whites Tasting Room offers a central location to sample the wines you want and The Austin Wine Merchant can be counted on to import or locate those elusive wines you are looking for.
- Local ingredients produced in Texas
There are many companies that produce high-quality products that are used throughout the country. The Texas Hill Country Olive Company creates delicious vintage balsamic vinegar, olive oils, and even has a gift shop filled with great gift ideas, including starter sets featuring samples of their great products. Located in the Hill Country outside of Austin, the trip is worth the scenic beauty and the products make perfect housewarming gifts.
Take a look at these places the next time you and your friends, family or visitors want to have a foodie adventure in and around Austin.