The easels are great. Anyone with young children at home will know how difficult it is to keep them calm and entertained at the same time. The Little Tikes Easel does just that. If you are thinking of buying the Little Tikes easel, or if you are just looking to gift one for your family member, then it is worth learning more about some of the pros and cons of this easel before making the decision to buy one.
1. Double Easel – This easel has two sides to keep two children entertained at the same time and comes with wide trays on both sides to store art supplies. With a whiteboard on one side and a large plastic clip to hold a 50-sheet notebook on the other side, this easel gives children a means to learn to explore the world of drawing and coloring.
2. Durable and safe for children – Designed with the safety of children in mind, this easel is made of non-toxic plastic material and comes in a variety of colors. It is very durable and can withstand rough use. The edges are rounded and it is difficult to hurt children anyway. Made of high-quality plastic, this easel will be available for years for your children to play with.
3. Portable and easy to use – This easel can be used indoors, outdoors or anywhere in the house. It is quite light and easy to move from room to room if necessary. It folds up quite easily for compact storage.
Four. Easy to clean – The plastic snap-on trays are easy to remove and can be carried to the sink to wash off the paint. In summer when the easel is kept outside for kids to play, you can just turn on the hose and spray it. Paint flows off the plastic easily and the easel looks like new.
5. Easy to assemble – This easel is very simple and doesn’t come with a lot of bells and whistles, which makes the assembly process a breeze. You would only need a few tools to put this together.
1. Big and bulky – This easel is a bit bulky and can take up a lot of space. Check it out at the local store before buying it online as it may not fit well in your home.
2. Paper clip – The large plastic clip that holds the paper is not as strong as it could be. You are having trouble holding a full pad of paper and the paper keeps falling out. You can tear off some leaves to keep it firm.
3. Pre-drilled holes – Pre-drilled holes do not line up properly for installation. You may need to try a wooden hammer to align. Also, there were no pre-drilled holes to put the slate in when we bought one. We had to drill our own. It is not a major problem, but it is an irritating one.
Four. Board – This is a major problem. The board is made of black plastic and does not work the same as a real board; it is difficult to draw and erase. I didn’t personally like this, but the kids didn’t seem to mind.
5. Chalk powder – The chalk sticks that are included with this easel appear to be very dusty. It could be due to poor quality. I would recommend buying your own chalk from some well-known brands.
To conclude, even though there are some concerns about this easel, there is nothing to stop the show. You can troubleshoot and keep using this easel for a long, long time.